A progressive singer/songwriter, Klara Zubonja's music is driven by spontaneous and energetic passion.
Known for her extensive range of expressive colour, her voice conveys both sweetness and strength within the same breath. Her concise song structures play host to her vocal theatrics, provocative lyrics, naïve and minimalist keyboard vamps.
Klara can be likened with such artists as Regina Spektor, Lily Allen, and Kate Nash. She draws inspiration from her eclectic background in European folk music and combines this with her broad knowledge of various contemporary and independent musical traditions.
Klara's debut album 'Stuck Between' was officially released in November 2016.
News & Updates
- 600 BOTTLES OF WINE: Song featured in Sydney produced web-series
- SIX 8: Weekly Featured Artist
- THE DEVIL PLAYS THE BEST TUNA: Film clip featured in playlist
- PIPELINE: Song used in the intro of a surfing clip
- INDEPENDENT CLAUSES: A little write-up (#3)
- TRIPLE J UNEARTHED: Included in the weekly featured playlist
- 97.9FM FORBES: Live-to-air interview with Monte
- THE LAZY FACTORY: Australian singer with a European folk heart
- THE FORBES PHOENIX NEWSPAPER: A review from the community paper in Forbes in Central West NSW
- INNER FM 96.5: "New Grooves" with Adrian Hook features new and recently released material from local, independent bands and artists
- TONE-DEAF PREMIERE: Klara Zubonja announces her arrival with playful debut LP 'Stuck Between'
- PBS RADIO: Eclectic Ladyland Playlist for Friday 4 November
- ARGO: Italian podcast plays Klara Zubonja's tracks from the 50.00 mark
- PLAY THE GONG: An individual full of life and energetic passion